The Interface 1000B has been replaced with the Interface 1010B
If you're looking for a general-purpose potentiostat for cyclic voltammetry or similar studies for basic research such as determining redox potentials, reaction mechanisms, diffusion coefficients, rate constants and electrochemical surface area. You can also run electrochemical plating and electrodeposition experiments or experiments for determining concentrations of trace analytes in solution. In addition to the above capabilities you get an introductory software development toolkit that gives you the ability to develop your own program or interface to other instruments.
The Interface 1000 also comes in two additional, more advanced models. The Interface 1000A includes the capabilities of the Interface 1000B and provides more advanced capabilities for experiments such as electrochemical corrosion, battery testing (DC), electrochemical frequency modulation, critical pitting temperature and electrochemical noise. The Interface 1000E provides all of the capabilities of the Interface 1000A and also includes electrochemical impedance spectroscopy capabilities.
The Interface 1000B can be upgraded to the more advanced systems with an infield upgrade. You can get a great introductory instrument that can grow in capabilities with the needs of your lab. The Interface 1000B can be upgraded to an Interface 1000A or Interface 1000E. Contact us for more information on upgrading.
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the instrument. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the instrument to run.
- Physical Electrochemistry - Techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, linear sweep voltammetry, chronoamperometry, chronopotentiometry, chronocoulometry, multistep chronoamperometry, and multistep chronopotentiometry.
- Pulse Voltammetry - Techniques such as differential pulse voltammetry, normal pulse voltammetry, reverse pulse voltammetry, Osteryoung square wave voltammetry, and associated stripping techniques such as anodic stripping voltammetry.
- eChemBasic - Software Toolkit that allows a developer to have basic control of potentiostat functions and the application of a user-defined signals. Simple potentiostatic and galvanostatic type experiments can be performed. Defining an array allows users to perform linear sweep or cyclic voltammetry.
- 2, 3, and 4 electrode measurements
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Size of a chemistry textbook, weighing only 3 kgs (6.6 lbs). Easy USB 2.0 connection to a Windows computer.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt iR Compensation
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, auxiliary A/D input, and digital I/O connector.
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
PotentiostatYesGalvanostatYesZero Resistance AmmeterYesFloating (Isolated from Earth Ground) YesCell Connections2, 3, or 4Maximum Current±1 ACurrent Ranges9 (10 nA - 1 A)Current Ranges
(including internal gain)11Minimum Current Resolution3.3 fAMaximum Applied Potential±12 VRise Time<1 μsMinimum Time Base10 μsNoise and Ripple<20 μV rmsWeight2.4 kgDimensions24 (W) x 6 (H) x 27 (D) 27 cm