An Overview of Gamry Software
Gamry prides itself in providing software for running a large number of electrochemical experiments. Since the experiments are written using our own Open-Source Scripting language, we (or you) are able to customize nearly any experiment you would like. So doing things like cyclic voltammetry with a hold at a vertex can be easily accomplished by modifying the cyclic voltammetry script. Want to always plot current as current density? Simply modify the underlying script to display current density during acquisition. Want to trigger an external device to start at the same time as a potentiostat? You can set digital outs easily adding a few lines of code to the script. Of course, Gamry can do these sorts of things for you too. Below is a description of our software. You can also download our Overview of Gamry Software document if you would like.
Most of the standard experiments can be run using Gamry Framework. Framework packages the experiments into commonly used application areas such as DC Corrosion, Physical Electrochemistry, and Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy for example.
Gamry Echem Analyst is our data analysis software package. It is separate from Framework and allows you to be analyzing one data file while your potentiostat is running another experiment. Echem Analyst can be installed on any number of computers freeing you up to run experiments in lab and do analysis at your desk.
Virtual Front Panel is a LabVIEW application that allows for easy interaction with a Gamry potentiostat. You can quickly change between modes, techniques, and parameters. As the software title says, this is similar to the old front panels that used to appear on potentiostats, before they were interfaced to computers. Data can be saved into an x-y format for opening into a graphics program.
Electrochemical Signal Analyzer is a LabVIEW program developed for advanced electrochemical noise acquisition and analysis.
Gamry Resonator is a LabWindows program developed for control of the eQCM 10M. Besides controlling the QCM it can also control a Gamry potentiostat for electrochemical quartz crystal microbalance studies using techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, linear sweep voltammetry, chronoamperometry (including repeating), chronopotentiometry (including repeating), chronocoulometry, and bulk electrolysis.
Gamry provides software toolkits for that allow for customization of Gamry software. This can be especially useful if you are looking to integrate a Gamry potentiostat with another instrument or are looking to install Gamry systems into a QC environment. You can even customize the software to installation into a process control environment if desired. Examples in LabVIEW, C/C++, Python, PowerShell, VB.NET, and VBA. Any programming language that can interact with a Microsoft COM object can be interfaced to a Gamry system. Finally, Gamry can provide development services for you. Contact us to discuss your needs.
- eChemBasic - Capabilities for potential steps. Sweeps can be accomplished with user-generated signal arrays.
- eChemDC - More sophisticated signals and stop tests. Sweeps can be accomplished simply by inputting signal limits and step sizes.
- eChemAC - Full capabilities for control of a Gamry system. Includes capabilities for EIS.
EIS300™ Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- EIS Package
- Tools for fitting spectra to equivalent circuit models
DC105™ DC Corrosion
- Provides electrochemical techniques to investigate corrosion problems
- Provides standard DC corrosion tests
PHE200™ Physical Electrochemical
- A researcher’s basic electrochemical toolkit
- Cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, and chronopotentiometry
PWR800™ Electrochemical Energy
- Only available commercial software for single cell batteries, battery stacks, fuel cell, and supercapcitor testing using a research-grade potentiostat
PV220™ Pulse Voltammetry
- Electroanalytical software tool
- Perform a multitude of pulsed techniques involved in electrochemistry research
- Pulsed techniques for increased sensitivity studying low concentration
Echem Toolkit™ (Basic, DC, and AC)
- Fully customize and integrate the control of a Gamry instrument into your own software system
- Works with any programming language that utilizes a COM
- 3 different toolkit options
ESA410™ Electrochemical Signal Analyzer
- Provides powerful analysis features
- Cell voltage & current continuously monitored from 0.1 Hz to 1 kHz
- Assist in the evaluation of noise
VFP600™ Virtual Front Panel
- Quick access to the potentiostat’s functionality
- Allows performing simple electrochemical experiments
- Control the research-grade
- Perform cyclic voltammetry at a wide range of scan rates
EFM140™ Electrochemical Frequency Modulation
- Non-destructive corrosion rate measurement technique
- Allows for measurement of corrosion rate w/o prior knowledge of Tafel constants
CPT110™ Critical Pitting Temperature
- Choreographs the Gamry Potentiostat, TDC4 Temperature Controller, and accessories
- Automatically measures the Critical Pitting Temperature
EN120™ Electrochemical Noise
- Entry level software package for electrochemical noise testing
- Includes experimental scripts and analysis macros