The Reference 600+ is a high-performance, research-grade potentiostat/galvanostat/ZRA designed for fast, low-current measurements. It does well for a variety of applications such as physical electrochemistry (especially at microelectrodes), fast cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical corrosion, electrochemical noise measurements, paints and coatings, and sensors.
It has a number of auxiliary input and outputs designed to help you interface or control ancillary equipment such as a rotating disc electrode. It also has a thermocouple input for temperature measurements.
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
The Reference 600+ comes fully equipped to perform electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. The Accuracy Contour Plot shown below provides a detailed look at the performance you can expect from your instrument in real-world situations. The results include the cell cable.
- Extended Cable Lengths
- Extended length cell cables (1.5 m, 3 m, 10 m) are also available for your convenience.
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the Reference 600+ potentiostat. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the instrument to run.
- Physical Electrochemistry - Techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, and chronopotentiometry and derivatives of these techniques.
- Pulse Voltammetry - Techniques such as pulse voltammetry, square wave voltammetry, and associated stripping techniques such as anodic stripping voltammetry.
- DC Corrosion - Run standard DC corrosion tests such as polarization resistance, potentiodynamic, cyclic polarization, and galvanic corrosion in addition to a number of others.
- Electrochemical Energy - Test single-cells and stacks of various batteries, fuel cells or supercapacitors. Includes charge, discharge, cyclic charge-discharge techniques, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, self-discharge, leakage rate, and read cell voltage.
- Electrochemical Signal Analyzer - Designed specifically for the acquisition and analysis of time-dependent electrochemical noise signals. Cell voltage and current are continuously monitored at rates from 0.1 Hz to 1 kHz. A full featured set of analysis tools provides powerful analysis features such as statistical analysis, detrending, impedance spectra, and histogram analysis.
- Electrochemical Frequency Modulation - A non-destructive corrosion rate measurement technique. It allows for measurement of the corrosion rate without prior knowledge of the Tafel constants. In addition, the technique determines the Tafel constants and provides 2 internal validity checks.
- Critical Pitting Temperature - controls a Gamry Potentiostat, TDC4 Temperature Controller, and associated accessories to automatically measure the Critical Pitting Temperature of a material.
- Electrochemical Noise - A more general form of electrochemical noise testing. It is also an ECM8 Multiplexer compatible electrochemical noise software package.
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy - includes experimental scripts for potentiostatic, galvanostatic and hybrid impedance spectroscopy experiments in addition to single frequency techniques like Mott-Schottky. We also have our unique power-leveling multisine technique that improves signal-to-noise across the spectrum. On the analysis side, it provides tools for fitting spectra to equivalent circuit models, Kramers-Kronig transform for data validation and a graphical model editor. Our software even includes a script for EIS simulation.
- eChemDC Toolkit - contains all of the capabilities of the eChemBasic and further extends these capabilities by adding advanced signals and data acquisition modes to simplify implementing experiments like cyclic voltammetry, pulse voltammetry, and dynamic DC corrosion techniques. Also includes more advanced stop tests, particularly useful in fast experiments.
- eChemAC - Includes full capabilities of eChemDC Toolkit plus allows electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) and EFM experiments.
- 2, 3, and 4 electrode measurements
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Built-In EIS
- On-board DDS to perform EIS from 10 µHz to 5 MHz.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt and Positive Feedback iR Compensation
- Gamry potentiostats and their controlling software use control loop algorithms to accurately measure and correct for uncompensated resistance.
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, auxiliary A/D input, and digital I/O connector.
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
Makes us to belive in our results.
Organization: Ege University
Application Area: Analyze impedance
Good, capable and portable potentiostat.
Organization: IMRE, A*STAR
Application Area: Electrochemical measurements, batteries, electrocatalysis
Very good equipment.
Application Area: Corrosion, materials science
Very suitable tool for materials evaluation.
Application Area: Electrochemistry
Number one for sure.
Organization: DOW CHEMICAL
Application Area: Corrosion studies
Great results. We use the instrument daily.
Organization: Toyota Motor North America R&D
Application Area: Electrochemical study
High quality potentiostat.
Organization: University of Southern California
Application Area: Microbiology
Application Area: Corrosion of metals
Great tool to measure Rp trending for corrosion measurements!
Application Area: Corrosion testing
Great value and functionality
Organization: University of Utah
Application Area: Electrochemistry of molten salts
Very reliable and versatile
Organization: Materia Inc
Application Area: Evaluating anti-corrosion coatings
Excellent instrument and company
Organization: Pulse Biosciences Inc
Application Area: Characterize dynamic tissue changes
I am satisfied by its power but software should be improved.
Organization: Korea Institute of Materials Science
Application Area: Corrosion tests
Organization: Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Application Area: Electrochemical corrosion in concrete, organic coatings
I already have three of them, since it is an excellent piece of equipment.
Organization: Universidad nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Application Area: Corrosion evaluation of coatings
Great product for lab use.
Organization: PowerTech Water
Application Area: Analyze carbon electrodes
Application Area: Electrical sStimulation of bacterial biofilms
Gamry potentiostats are great. I started with one and now own six.
Organization: University of Canterbury
Application Area: Electrocatalysis and flow battery analysis
Excellent quality & service.
Application Area: Coatings analysis
Great equipment - easy to use and calibrate.
Organization: University at Buffalo
Application Area: Corrosion measurements in reinforced concrete structures
Good results, robust device, excited to have this in my lab.
Organization: University of Victoria
Application Area: Corrosion of rebar in concrete
Organization: Aalto University
Application Area: Supercapacitor, batteries
Great reliable results
Application Area: Electrochemical measurement
EIS is one of the important methods for coating performance evaluation
Organization: A Plus Coating Solutions Inc.
Application Area: Testing coating impedance
Reference 600+. Definitely worth the investment in terms of cost.
Application Area: CURE. CV, CA, and EIS
Designed to measure impedance
Application Area: Impedance for conducting polymers
Designed to measure impedance
Organization: Pamukkale University
Application Area: Impedance for conducting polymers
Application Area: Analyzing coating impedance
The 600+ is well but there was a small bug!
Organization: Shenzhen University
Application Area: Corrosion and Electroanalysis
Organization: ENVOY MEDICAL
Application Area: Analyze medical devices (EIS, voltommetry, etc)
Organization: Nanjing Forestry University
Application Area: Analyze electrochemical properties of porous carbon materials, we usually test CV, CD, EIS and etc.
These are very versatile and user friendly instruments
Application Area: Corrosion Science and Engineering, Battery Science and Engineering
Amazing piece of hardware, capable to produce reliable and very precise results!
Organization: Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Institute of Materials and Joining Technology
Application Area: Corrosion research
Excellent instrument, includes unparalleled customer service and technical support.
Organization: Purdue University
Application Area: Electrochemical characterization of materials and energy systems.
This equipment gave insights I couldn't get via coupon testing. I use it daily!
Organization: Anonymous Company
Application Area: Corrosion testing.
Great instrument, worth the money
Application Area: electrochemistry