Interface 1000A (Discontinued)
If you're looking for an advanced potentiostat capable of running a variety of techniques for applications such as physical electrochemistry, electrochemical corrosion, battery testing, fuel cell testing, electrochemical noise, and electrochemical frequency modulation then the Interface 1000A is the right potentiostat for you.
The Interface 1000A also comes in two additional, models. The Interface 1000B is a more basic poentiostat mostly for studies such as cyclic voltammetry and pulse voltammetry. The Interface 1000E provides all of the capabilities of the Interface 1000A and also includes electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. The Interface 1000A can be upgraded to the Interface 1000E with an infield upgrade. You can get a great instrument that can grow in capabilities with the needs of your lab. Contact us for more information on upgrading.
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the instrument. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the instrument to run.
- Physical Electrochemistry - Techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, and chronopotentiometry and derivatives of these techniques.
- Pulse Voltammetry - Techniques such as pulse voltammetry, square wave voltammetry, and associated stripping techniques such as anodic stripping voltammetry.
- DC Corrosion - Run standard DC corrosion tests such as polarization resistance, potentiodynamic, cyclic polarization, and galvanic corrosion in addition to a number of others.
- Electrochemical Energy - Test single-cells and stacks of various batteries, fuel cells or supercapacitors. Includes charge, discharge, cyclic charge-discharge techniques, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, self-discharge, leakage rate, and read cell voltage.
- Electrochemical Signal Analyzer - Designed specifically for the acquisition and analysis of time-dependent electrochemical noise signals. Cell voltage and current are continuously monitored at rates from 0.1 Hz to 1 kHz. A full featured set of analysis tools provides powerful analysis features such as statistical analysis, detrending, impedance spectra, and histogram analysis.
- Electrochemical Frequency Modulation - A non-destructive corrosion rate measurement technique. It allows for measurement of the corrosion rate without prior knowledge of the Tafel constants. In addition, the technique determines the Tafel constants and provides 2 internal validity checks.
- Critical Pitting Temperature - controls a Gamry Potentiostat, TDC4 Temperature Controller, and associated accessories to automatically measure the Critical Pitting Temperature of a material.
- Electrochemical Noise - A more general form of electrochemical noise testing. It is also an ECM8 Multiplexer compatible electrochemical noise software package.
- eChemDC Toolkit - contains all of the capabilities of the eChemBasic and further extends these capabilities by adding advanced signals and data acquisition modes to simplify implementing experiments like cyclic voltammetry, pulse voltammetry, and dynamic DC corrosion techniques. Also includes more advanced stop tests, particularly useful in fast experiments.
- 2, 3, and 4 electrode measurements
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Size of a chemistry textbook, weighing only 3 kgs (6.6 lbs). Easy USB 2.0 connection to a Windows computer.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt iR Compensation
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, auxiliary A/D input, and digital I/O connector.
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
Interface 1000A Part #992-00117 / #992-117
|Zero Resistance Ammeter||Yes|
|Floating (Isolated from Earth Ground)||Yes|
|Cell Connections||2, 3, or 4|
|Maximum Current||±1 A|
|Current Ranges||9 (10 nA - 1 A)|
(including internal gain)
|Minimum Current Resolution||3.3 fA|
|Maximum Applied Potential||±12 V|
|Rise Time||<1 μs|
|Minimum Time Base||10 μs|
|Noise and Ripple||<20 μV rms|
|Dimensions||24 (W) x 6 (H) x 27 (D) 27 cm|
|Compliance Voltage||±20 V|
|Output Current||>±1 A|
|Unity Gain Bandwidth||980, 260, 40, 4, 0.4 kHz|
|Input Impedance||>1012 Ω|
|Input Current (typical)||<20 pA|
|CMRR||>80 dB (10 kHz)
>60 dB (1 MHz)
|Applied Accuracy||±1 mV ±0.2% of setting|
|Applied Resolution||200 μV, 50 μV, 12.5 μV/bit|
|Measured Accuracy||±1 mV ±0.3% of reading|
|Measured Resolution||1 μV, 10 μV, 100 μV, 400 μV/bit|
|Applied Accuracy||±5 pA ±0.3% of range|
|Applied Resolution||0.0033% full-scale/bit|
|Measured Accuracy||±5 pA ±0.3% of range|
|Measured Resolution||0.0033% full-scale/bit|
|Bandwidth||>10 MHz (1A - 100 μA)
>1.5 MHz (10 μA)
>0.15 MHz (1 μA)
Need more information?