The Gamry Interface 5000P is designed for people doing cell-level testing of various energy storage and conversion devices. It even includes capabilities for monitoring both half cell voltages in addition to the whole cell voltage during an experiment. Imagine the time savings in being able to characterize both half cells and the full cell in the same experiment.
Characterizing Both Half Cells
The Interface 5000P has the ability to monitor both half cells during experiments. Dual electrometers measure the potential of the anode and cathode in addition to the full cell voltage when used with an embedded reference electrode.
(Click image to Enlarge)
The Interface 5000P also comes in a more advanced model, the Interface 5000E. This model provides full capabilities for all application areas. An in the field upgrade is available to upgrade an Interface 5000P to an Interface 5000E. Contact us for details regarding upgrades.
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the Interface 5000P galvanostat. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the instrument to run.
- Electrochemical Energy - Includes charge, discharge, cyclic charge-discharge techniques, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, self-discharge, leakage rate, and read cell voltage.
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy - Includes the ability to perform galvanostatic EIS up to 20 kHz.
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 electrode measurements
- Measure both half cell voltages in addition to the full cell voltage
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Size of a chemistry textbook, weighing only 2.5 kgs. Easy USB 2.0 connection to a Windows computer.
- Built-In EIS
- On-board DDS to perform EIS from 10 µHz to 20 kHz.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt iR Compensation
- Gamry potentiostats and their controlling software use control loop algorithms to accurately measure and correct for uncompensated resistance.
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, auxiliary A/D input, and digital I/O connector.
- RTD temperature probe measurement
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
Interface 5000P Part #992-00114
|Cell Connections||2, 3, 4 or 5|
|Maximum Current||±5 A|
|Current Ranges||6 (50 μA - 5 A)|
(including internal gain)
|Minimum Current Resolution||150 pA|
|Maximum Applied Potential||±6 V|
|Rise Time||<1 μs|
|Minimum Time Base||10 μs|
|Noise and Ripple||<20 μV rms|
|Compliance Voltage||±8.5 / ±2.5 V|
|Output Current||>±5 A|
|Unity Gain Bandwidth||1050, 250, 43, 4.4, 0.5 kHz|
|EIS||10 μHz - 20 kHz|
|Current AC Amplitude||5 A maximum|
|Input Impedance||>1012 Ω || <2 pF|
|Input Current (typical)||<25 pA|
|Bandwidth||>12 MHz at -3 dB|
|CMRR||>98 dB (10 kHz)
>88dB (100 kHz)
|Applied Accuracy||±1 mV ±0.2% of setting|
|Applied Resolution||200 μV, 50 μV, 12.5 μV/bit|
|Measured Accuracy||±0.5 mV ±0.2% of reading|
|Measured Resolution||200 μV, 20 μV, 2 μV/bit|
|Applied/Measured Accuracy||±25 pA ±0.05% of range ±0.2% of value|
|Applied/Measured Resolution||0.0033% full-scale/bit|
|Bandwidth||>5 MHz (5 mA)|
Need more information?