Echem Toolkit™ (Basic, DC, and AC)
Some users develop software to control a complex system where the operation of a Gamry instrument is only one subset of that system. Using a programming environment like National Instruments LabVIEW™ (Version 9 or newer), users can combine data taken from their Gamry instrument with that taken from other manufacturers’ instruments and data acquisition cards. Gamry’s eChem Toolkits offer users the ability to fully customize and integrate the control of a Gamry instrument into their own software system. These toolkits do not limit our users to using LabVIEW, however. Rather they can work with any programming language that utilizes a Component Object Model (COM).
The Gamry Electrochemistry Toolkit offers a comprehensive set of software tools for controlling your Gamry Potentiostat using programming languages like LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C++, or C#. These tools make it possible to create user-defined experiments, to integrate a Gamry Potentiostat into OEM applications, or to design and implement a custom user interface.
You may need the Gamry Electrochemistry Toolkit if…
- You wish to create a custom experiment.
- You are an OEM who wants to integrate a Potentiostat into your system using your own software for control.
- You are looking to define a custom interface for your Potentiostat in a quality control environment where a simple, minimal user interface is important.
- You are looking for the most flexible system for controlling a Potentiostat for complete customization.
Examples of where this ability comes in handy are combining atomic force microscopy with electrochemistry, electrochemical quartz crystal microbalance, or spectroelectrochemistry. Fuel cell developers and battery researchers may also use the eChem Toolkit to integrate a Gamry Potentiostat into their test systems.
- Gamry PCI4/Series G, Reference, or Interface Family Instrument
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP SP3/Vista/7/8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- LabVIEW 9 or newer for development in LabVIEW
To offer value to the customer, we offer three different toolkit options.
- eChemBasic™ allows basic control of the potentiostat functions and the application of a user-defined signal. Simple potentiostatic and galvanostatic type experiments can be performed using this option. Defining an array allows users to perform linear sweep or cyclic voltammetry.
- eChemDC™ contains all of the capabilities of the eChemBasic. It further extends these capabilities by adding advanced signals and data acquisition modes to simplify implementing experiments like cyclic voltammetry, pulse voltammetry, and dynamic DC corrosion techniques. eChemDC also includes more advanced stop tests, particularly useful in fast experiments.
- eChemAC™ allows electrochemical impedance (EIS) measurements and EFM experiments.
To perform both DC and AC techniques you must combine the eChemAC with either the eChem Basic or the eChemDC. For just DC techniques, either the eChemBasic or eChemDC should be chosen. Feel free to contact us to discuss your specific application, and we will be able to help you determine which toolkits are right for you.