Interface 1010B Potentiostat
If you're looking for a general-purpose potentiostat for cyclic voltammetry or similar studies for basic research such as determining redox potentials, reaction mechanisms, diffusion coefficients, rate constants and electrochemical surface area. You can also run electrochemical plating and electrodeposition experiments or experiments for determining concentrations of trace analytes in solution. In addition to the above capabilities you get an introductory software development toolkit that gives you the ability to develop your own program or interface to other instruments.
The Interface 1010 also comes in a more advanced model, the Interface 1010E. The 1010E provides all of the capabilities of the Interface 1010B and also includes electrochemical impedance spectroscopy capabilities.
The Interface 1010B can be upgraded to the more advanced system with an infield upgrade. You can get a great introductory instrument that can grow in capabilities with the needs of your lab. The Interface 1010B can be upgraded to an Interface 1010E. Contact us for more information on upgrading.
Below are additional details regarding the capabilities of the instrument. Each bullet point contains a list of the type of techniques available for the instrument to run.
- Physical Electrochemistry - Techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, linear sweep voltammetry, chronoamperometry, chronopotentiometry, chronocoulometry, multistep chronoamperometry, and multistep chronopotentiometry.
- Pulse Voltammetry - Techniques such as differential pulse voltammetry, normal pulse voltammetry, reverse pulse voltammetry, Osteryoung square wave voltammetry, and associated stripping techniques such as anodic stripping voltammetry.
- DC Corrosion - Run standard DC corrosion tests such as polarization resistance, potentiodynamic, cyclic polarization, and galvanic corrosion in addition to a number of others.
- Electrochemical Energy - Test single-cells and stacks of various batteries, fuel cells or supercapacitors. Includes charge, discharge, cyclic charge-discharge techniques, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, self-discharge, leakage rate, and read cell voltage.
- eChemBasic - Software Toolkit that allows a developer to have basic control of potentiostat functions and the application of a user-defined signals. Simple potentiostatic and galvanostatic type experiments can be performed. Defining an array allows users to perform linear sweep or cyclic voltammetry.
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy - includes experimental scripts for potentiostatic, galvanostatic and hybrid impedance spectroscopy experiments in addition to single frequency techniques like Mott-Schottky.
- 2, 3, and 4 electrode measurements
- Electrical Isolation
- Floating instrument: use with autoclaves, mechanical stress apparatus, or pipeline probes.
- Size of a chemistry textbook, weighing only 3 kgs (6.6 lbs). Easy USB 2.0 connection to a Windows computer.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Mode
- Oversamples for improved signal-to-noise and accurate capacitance measurements.
- Current Interrupt iR Compensation
- Auxiliary I/O
- Control additional equipment via additional I/O interfaces: external signal input, analog voltage output, analog current output, and digital I/O connector.
- Protected by 2-year factory service warranty.
Great upgrade for our lab.
Organization: Lambda Technologies
Application Area: Potentiodynamic polarization and DC corrosion studies
Good enough to get the job done
Application Area: Heterogeneous electro catalysts
I'll always recommend Gamry Potentiostat
Application Area: Acid corrosion and corrosion inhibition