PWR800™ Electrochemical Energy
The PWR800 Electrochemical Energy Software is a software package that allows researchers to test single-cells and stacks of various energy storage and conversion devices. The PWR800 includes charge, discharge, and cyclic charge-discharge techniques, as well as cyclic voltammetry. PWR800 optionally integrates with the EIS300 Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy package to add Impedance measurements into cyclic charge-discharge experiments.
Gamry Instruments' PWR800 Electrochemical Energy Software is designed to test advanced electrochemical devices. It partners with a Gamry Potentiostat to automate electrochemical testing in energy research. The PWR800 includes both simple, easy-to-use standard techniques and powerful sequencing tools for more complicated tests. Discharge modes include Constant Current, Constant Load, and Constant Power.
Electrochemical cells used in energy technology include:
- Fuel Cells
- Solar Cells
- Easy to use - for example, the user need not enter current polarities.
- Discharge experiments can be performed in three modes: constant current, constant load, or constant power.
- Implements a unique form of instrumental control that insures no charge will be lost during the experiment due to instrument overload.
- A broad range of real time limit tests are available to terminate an experiment or to advance to the next stage of a sequence.
- Gamry Reference or Interface Family Instrument
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP SP3/Vista/7/8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Cyclic Charge-Discharge tests are used to characterize secondary batteries and supercapacitors.
A Discharge Curve is probably the most common test for fuel cells and primary batteries.
The Charge Curve is used to charge a device by applying a controlled current. A voltage finish is available in Charge Curves.
Cyclic Charge-Discharge with EIS
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy is a powerful technique for characterizing the causes of capacity fade in electrochemical devices. In this technique, EIS curves can be run after charge, after discharge, or after both. An EIS300 Software license is required.
This classic electrochemical technique is a standard tool for battery and supercap developers. The redox properties of an electrochemical system can be quickly evaluated with cyclic voltammetry.
Automated measurement of a voltage vs. load curve for an electrochemical device.
The Galvanostatic technique can be used to manually charge or discharge an electrochemical device.
The Potentiostatic technique is used to control the voltage of an electrochemical device.