- Directing and refining source control (Subversion and GIT) and dev-ops for both software and hardware engineering.
- Managing the build system.
- Defining, creating, and managing automated test processes.
- Managing the software release system.
- Re-platforming older technologies to modern software development environments.
The ideal candidate will be the key arbiter of our developer operations, automating development and test where ever possible. Self-motivated and system focused, candidate should have exceptional organizational skills. Candidate should be able to multi-task and clearly define priorities. Ability to collaborate with multiple business units is essential. Individual will report directly to R&D Manager and submit a weekly operational summary. Excellent computer skills are required. Good oral and written communication skills are required. Candidate must possess minimum technical competency in Agile and Realistic software development processes.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years of non-academic software development experience
- Working knowledge of C++, Python, Windows, Redmine, Subversion, GIT
- Experience in mixed Hardware/Software environments for embedded and IOT is a plus
This job operates in a professional office but relaxing testing environment. This position requires good technical English, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Work will be at the Gamry offices in Warminster, PA.
About the Company
Gamry Instruments in Warminster, PA, is a manufacturer of electrochemical instrumentation and accessories. Founded in 1989, we develop laboratory equipment used in a variety of industries including corrosion and materials testing, batteries and power conversion, catalysis, biological monitoring, sensors, and basic research.
We are a small, innovative shop, with good benefits and a flexible work environment. You will have the opportunity to work in a lot of areas of technology including embedded systems, Windows & Linux environments, various software technologies, software test, integrated hardware/software engineering, to name a few.
Gamry Instruments provides a salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include profit sharing, flexible PTO, a 401K, and a solid health plan.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify “DevOps” in the title.
No calls please.