About the Company
Gamry Instruments in Warminster, PA, is a manufacturer of electrochemical instrumentation and accessories. Founded in 1989, we develop laboratory equipment used in a variety of industries including corrosion and materials testing, batteries and power conversion, catalysis, biological monitoring, sensors, and basic research.
We are a small, innovative shop, with good benefits and a flexible work environment. We get into all aspects of software development, from hardware interfaces and signal processing to big data management, mathematical analysis, and UI/UX design. We work in a variety of technologies including embedded systems, Windows & Linux/IOT environments, software test, integrated hardware/software engineering.
The ideal candidate will be a Software Engineer who is self-motivated and system-focused. Candidate must possess a proven knowledge of key languages including: Qt, C++, Python 3.x, and various toolchains. Exceptional organizational skills are a must. Excellent computer skills as well as good oral, presentation, and written communication skills are required. Knowledge of data management and fast graphical display is desirable. Knowledge of real time data acquisition and signal processing is desirable but not required.
In this effort you will be tasked with working with our data analysis and instrument control software using modern software technologies and design methods, to:
- Re-platform various older software technologies to produce a robust, usable, consistent, testable, and maintainable product using C++ & Python for scientific data acquisition, analysis, and management.
- Collaborate with colleagues, both senior designers and technical marketing specialists to implement a 1st-in-class analytical instrument system.
- Develop within an agile but realistic software environment.
Some aspects of this project will require real-time software design approaches. Successful completion of this project may lead to future work in various aspects of Gamry’s software universe (see above), depending on interest and ability.
This job operates in a professional office and testing environment. This position requires good technical English, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. In this particular development, the work may be done remotely although regular face to face meetings will be required.
Gamry Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Computer, Electrical Engineering or Analytical Chemistry or other instrumental sciences.
- 6+ years of non-academic software development experience
- Working knowledge of C++ and Python
- Scientific data management experience preferred
Gamry Instruments provides a salary commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include profit sharing, flexible PTO, a 401K, and a solid health plan.
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Sr. Software Engineer” in the title.