O eQCM 10M™ da Gamry é um microbalança de cristal de quartzo eletroquímico de varredura rápida de impedância (eQCM). O eQCM acrescenta uma ferramenta valiosa à caixa de ferramentas analítica de qualquer pessoa investigando processos interfaciais. Corrosão, intercalação e adsorção de íons, crescimento de polímeros e eventos de vinculação de sensores são processos interfaciais que produzem mudanças na massa. Essas mudanças na massa podem ser medidas pelo monitoramento das frequências de ressonância de um cristal de quartzo oscilante.
Destaques do Sistema
The eQCM 10M is a versatile electrochemical quartz crystal microbalance (EQCM) that accommodates any crystal from 1-10 MHz in any cell or holder. Its resolution allows you to detect mass changes on the ng/cm2 scale. This is less than a monolayer of material! Our system comes with everything you need to get started – the eQCM 10M, 5 MHz Au-coated crystals (5x), static cell, cables, manuals, and software.
eQCM 10M Features
- Any crystal from 1-10 MHz in any cell
- Detect ng/cm2
- USB Interface
- Integrated QCM and Gamry Potentiostat acquisition
- Impedance scanning gives both ƒs and ƒp, the series and parallel resonant frequencies
- Data Analysis in Gamry’s flexible and customizable Echem Analyst™
- Electroactive Polymers
- Li+ Intercalation
- Corrosion Studies
- Self-Assembled Monolayers
- Antibody-Antigen Interactions
- Surfactant Adsorption
- Protein Adsorption
- Ion and Solvent Transport
The eQCM 10M rapidly scans a frequency window around the two resonant frequencies (these resonant frequencies are explained in our Basics of an eQCM Quartz Crystal Microbalance App Note). The advantage of scanning through the two resonant frequencies is that you no longer need to cancel the parasitic capacitance in order to maintain oscillation. Additionally, the relative impedance spectrum is displayed each time a data point is acquired, giving you insight into bubble formation on your electrode or improper cell setup. Having the two resonant frequencies also allows you to qualitatively see dissipation changes. When ƒs and ƒp respond similarly your film is rigid, however, when ƒs and ƒp respond differently the film is not rigid.
Resonator also allows you to adjust the driving amplitude of the crystal. This is especially important when working in an ionic liquid (IL) or a viscous solution where damping is especially high. The ability to manually increase the driving amplitude for heavily-loaded crystals offers a significant advantage over straight dissipation or time-resolved techniques.
Data analysis is done in our flexible and customizable Echem Analyst™. We give you a variety of plotting options to allow you to display the data as you want. You can plot straight mass change versus time, mass versus charge, mass versus potential, or a basic form of dissipation versus time.
A note about cleaning Quartz Crystal Microbalance crystals. We typically think of crystals as one-time use items but if you need to clean them, Pirhanna solution (the acidic one) and can work well but take all of the necessary precautions when dealing with this solution. It is very dangerous and you should consult an MSDS and have proper safety training before using.
|Range||1– 10 MHz|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 to 45°C|
|Relative Humidity||Maximum 90 (non-condensing)%|
|Storage and Shipping Temperature||-25 to 75°C|
|Maximum Shipping Acceleration||30G|
|Power Input Voltage||Range 10 to 14 Volts|
|Dimensions||175x 115x 80 mm|
|Dimensions of External Power Adapter||120 x 55 x 30 mm|
|Weight of External Power Adapter||40 grams|
A PHE200 or Global license is necessary to have Resonator control any Gamry Reference or Interface potentiostat in version 6 of the software. No additional license is required in version 7 of the software.
- USB 2.0 Port
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP SP3/Vista/7/8/10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Accessories for the eQCM Quartz Crystal Microbalance include:
- Temperature Controlled eQCM Cell Kit (#990-00400)
- Temperature Controlled eQCM Cell - Flow Module Option (#990-00402)
- Ag/AgCl reference electrode (#971-00008)
5 MHz Crystals (Pack of 5)
The crystals below have a nominal electroactive area of 1.1 cm2 and a nominal area of overlap of 0.24 cm2. These crystals all have a Ti underlayer to improve adhesion.
- 5 MHz Au Quartz Crystal Wrap-around Electrodes (#971-00051)
- 5 MHz C Quartz Crystal Wrap-around Electrodes (#971-00052)
- 5 MHz Fe Quartz Crystal Wrap-around Electrodes (#971-00053)
The following 10 MHz crystals are for the discontinued Teflon Static Cell:
The crystals below have a nominal electroactive and area of overlap of 0.21 cm2. These crystals all have a Ti underlayer to improve adhesion.
- 10 MHz Au-Coated Quartz Crystal (#971-00006)
- 10 MHz Pt-coated crystals (#971-00010)
- 10 MHz C-coated crystals (#971-00009)
- 10 MHz Fe-coated crystals (#971-00012)
- 10 MHz Blank crystals (one side has an Au/Ti layer (#971-00011)
- 10 MHz mounted/Unbonded ITO Coated Crystal (#971-00027)
- 10 MHz Ni-Coated Quartz Crystal (#971-00028)
- 10 MHz Ti-Coated Quartz Crystal (#971-00029)