Calculate Integrated Cottrell Equation
Calculate Integrated Cottrell Equation is used in charge-vs.-tau1/2 plots to determine the values of the parameters in the Integrated Cottrell equation for Chronocoulometry experiments. In order to use this command, you must do a linear fit on the current-vs.-tau1/2 plot.
- Select the Second Chart tab to show the charge-vs.-tau1/2 plot.
- Use the Linear Fit command to define a region of the plot.
- Select the Calculate Integrated Cottrell Equation command from the document menu. The Specify Linear Region to Fit window appears.
- Click the desired line, then the OK button.
- The Integrated Cottrell Equation window opens. Enter three of the four parameters of the Integrated Cottrell equation. The slope of the line, with the user-entered parameters, are used to determine the value for the one unknown using the relationship that the slope = (2nFAD1/2C)/π1/2.