Read Voltage Experimental Sequence
Run the Read Voltage standard technique by selecting Experiment>Electrochemical Energy>Read Voltage from the Framework™ menu bar. This initiates the following sequence of events:
- The Framework creates a Runner window, and the pwr read voltage.exp script is run in this window.
- The script creates the Setup dialog box and accepts changes in the parameters.
- The script now obtains the use of the potentiostat specified during Setup, and opens the data file specified in the Output name. The Runner window's Title reflects the Output filename. If the potentiostat is in use or the file cannot be opened, the script returns to the Setup dialog box. The file header information is written to the data file. This information is written to the file prior to data acquisition. If the experiment is aborted, the output file contains only this information. This header information includes: (a) Tags identifying possible analysis; (b) The current time and data; and (c) A list of setup parameters.
- The actual reading of the voltage occurs. The cell of the potentiostat is in the off state, and the electrometer is read. A plot of voltage versus time is displayed during the experiment.
- The data are written to the output file, and the script cleans up and halts. After the experimental sequence is complete, the cell is turned off. The acquired data are written to the output file. The script then waits for you to click the F2-Skip button. After you do so, the script closes everything that's open, including the Runner window.