Multiplexed Potentiodynamic Experimental Sequence
Run the Multiplexed Potentiodynamic standard technique by selecting Experiment> Multiplexed DC Corrosion> Multiplexed Potentiodynamic from the Framework™ menu bar. This initiates the following sequence of events:
- The Framework creates a Runner window, and the MUXPDYN.EXP script is run in this window.
- The script outputs a Setup dialog box, which becomes the active window. This dialog box allows you to specify the channels to be run, information concerning each channel, and global information about the entire experiment on all channels. Clicking the OK button accepts the parameters and starts the experimental run.
- The script opens the electrochemical parameters file (SYSTEM.SET) and recovers the electrochemical system characteristics (βs, density, Equiv. Wt.) for each active cell from the file. If the script cannot open the file or find the System Name, the script warns you and then returns you to the Setup dialog box.
- The script now opens the data file associated with the each active multiplexer channel.
- The script obtains the use of the potentiostat and ECM8 multiplexer specified in the script or in the Setup dialog box. It initializes the multiplexer so that all the cells are in the off state specified in the script. If the potentiostat is in use or the ECM8 cannot be opened the script displays a warning and returns you to the Setup dialog box.
- The script switches the multiplexer to the first (or next) selected channel.
- A complete Potentiodynamic experiment is run on this cell. Electrode conditioning is performed if requested. An Init. Delay is performed if requested. In all cases, Eoc is measured prior to the scan. Finally the actual scan occurs. The potential of the sample is swept from the Initial E to the Final E. Current readings at fixed time-intervals are taken during the sweep. At each point the current range is automatically switched to the optimal range for the measured cell current. If IR-compensation has been selected, each potential is corrected for the measured IR-drop of the preceding point.
- Once the scan is over, the cell is turned off and the multiplexer channel is off. Steps 6 and 7 are now repeated for every other active channel.