Format of Data Files
In this section, we discuss the structure of data files. This information is provided so that you can:
- Understand the data-file contents.
- Write your own data-analysis program.
- Edit a data file.
We discuss the following topics:
- An overview of the file, and the tools you can use to examine or modify it.
- Analysis tags.
- Setup parameters.
- Non-curve data.
- The data curve, concentrating on the CURVE data-type.
- Special file formats for specific techniques.
Throughout this discussion, we use the data file produced by the tutorial experiment as an example.